Team @ The Energy Consortium – IIT Madras
Key personnel @ The Energy Consortium
The Energy Consortium is overseen by five board members and it has two officers and seven faculty principal investigators as part of its key personnel.
- Dr. Raghunathan Rengaswamy – Chairman of the Board, The Energy Consortium. Raghu is the Dean Global Engagement, Marti Subrahmanyam Institute Chair Professor, and a core member of the Robert Bosch Center for Data Science and AI (RBC-DSAI) at IIT Madras.
- Dr. Vikram Rao – Board member. He is currently Executive Director, Research Triangle Energy Consortium, a non-profit in energy founded by Duke University, North Carolina State University, RTI International and University of North Carolina.
- Dr. Shivkumar Kalyanaraman – Board member. CTO, Energy & Mobility, Microsoft R&D India (& Azure Global).
- Dr. Sriram Krishnan – Board member – Clean energy transformation at National Grid, a global energy company, and Research Affiliate in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at MIT
- Dr. Preeti Aghalayam – Board member. Professor in Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras, lead principal investigator for Carbon Capture Storage & Utilization center of excellence and Advisor – Global Engagement at IIT Madras.
- Dr. Nikhil Tambe – CEO, IITM EC
- Dr. Satyanarayanan Seshadri – Faculty-in-charge for the Energy Consortium. Associate professor in the Department of Applied Mechanics and the principal investigator of the Energy and Emissions Research Group (EnERG) at IIT Madras. Faculty advisor for Nirmaan pre-incubation center at IIT Madras,
Chairman of Board
- Professor @ IIT Madras and Dean of the Office of Global Engagement
- Leveraging AI & ML – Systems engineering with a focus on modeling and use of data science, ML & AI
- Co-founder of 3 startups in AI, data science & fuel cells
- Recipient of awards for engineering, research & teaching
- PhD from Purdue Univ., BTech from IIT Madras
- Executive Director, Research Triangle Energy Consortium, USA
- Oil & energy industry veteran – retired as senior VP & CTO of Hallibutron
- Consults & advises many energy, mining & infrastructure firms in the US
- Author of 40+ publications and patents
- Masters & PhD from Stanford Univ., BTech from IIT Madras
- CTO, Energy & Mobility, Microsoft R&D, India
- Works in the intersection of energy & digital, with a special focus on clean mobility and cloud solutions at Microsoft India.
- Held senior technical and management positions with GE Power & IBM, and as a Professor in Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- MS & PhD from Ohio State Univ., BTech from IIT Madras
- Professor @ IIT Madras
- Research focus on carbon capture & utilization
- PhD from University of Massachusetts Amherst, MS from University of Rochester & BTech from IIT Madras
- Clean energy transformation at National Grid, USA
- Focus on clean energy transformation strategy & research, with specialized background in solar power & smart grids
- Advisor for startups, publications and peer reviewer in manufacturing design, IoT and deeptech
- PhD & SM from MIT, BTech from IIT Madras
- Held senior positions in global firms driving technology & innovation portfolios in multicultural and cross-disciplinary international teams
- 10+ international patents, multiple peer reviewed publications in international journals
- MS & PhD from the Ohio State Univ.
CTO & Faculty in Charge
- Associate Professor @ IIT Madras
- Research & innovation for development of technologies enabling energy efficiency and emission mitigation in industries
- Industrial expertise in energy systems and waste heat recovery
- Advisor for multiple startups, and coordinator for multiple industry and policy bodies
- MS & PhD from Texas A&M Univ., BE from Univ of Madras